Saturday, August 8, 2015

1st Birthday Party!

Happy 1st Birthday to Dazie!

I was torn between having a small gathering and making it very simple, or going all out to celebrate a very precious moment. There are so many people in our lives that have prayed and supported us through this adoption that we couldn't imagine limiting her party.

I spoke to a few about service or community project type parties and knew that I wanted to incorporate that into our lives. It is important to Okey and I that Dazie learns to be giving and bless others. The three of us are so incredibly blessed and wanted to bless others.

So after a while I settled on a Dr. Seuss themed party where we would have a book drive. The books will be donated to the Fuquay Emergency Food Pantry. They allow children and adults to choose a book to keep. I spoke to Cynthia at the Pantry who was estatic that we would bring the books. She shares my passion for getting books into the hands of children. She told me several stories of the joy and excitement she sees when the children are able to take a book home.

Enjoy the pictures!

Star of the show...



The other star...FOOD!








Thank you to all my friends and family who attended and/or donated books! 








CAKE!!



The sugar crash and then a hose down!


Party favors!


 I had so much fun putting together this party, but even more fun watching Dazie enjoy it. 
I'm already full of ideas for next year! 



Thanks to Stephanie Rose Photography for the amazing pictures!

1 comment: