Thursday, August 6, 2015

A year by so fast...

I can hardly believe that is has been just over a year since we brought home our daughter!

July 2014:
We were on the brink of giving in, and walking away from adoption. It was a painful and tough road. The paperwork was difficult and the waiting was the hardest part. Month after month we congratulated friends and family on new pregnancies and celebrated birthdays of their little ones. We had to watch from the sidelines but were unable to experience any of it for ourselves. The longing for a son or daughter of our own never subsided despite the pain.

July 29th:
Okey received a call mid morning from our social worker asking if he wanted to be a daddy. YES!
After getting all the information he called me asking if I wanted a daughter. YES!
What a whirlwind of emotions! We were going to pick her up the next day! I had to get things ready! We had about 24 hours to find a loan for placement fees and make final preparations for her. We even had to giver her a name by 8am the next morning and we had yet to see a picture of the baby.
Late that night, we chose the name Dazie (my grandmother's name).
I barely slept from all the excitement.

July 30th: Gotcha Day
Today was the day! Two o'clock couldn't get here fast enough!
As I waited we finally received a few pictures of our precious baby that I couldn't stop staring at.

The office was so quiet when we arrived. They had a cookie cake with "Welcome baby Dazie" and a teddy bear for her. We went through the paperwork as quickly as possible, then the couple who was caring for her came up the stairs with Dazie in their arms.
They placed her in my arms and I couldn't stop the tears. I was so overjoyed. All the time waiting was well worth it and this whole experience made this moment even more special.
My heart was bursting with love and happiness AND still is!!






So, when can we do it again? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment